Acidic impregnating water-based product to be used with VINTAGE GRAY and MATERICO to produce an antiqued gray effect to the wood.
The pre-treatment of the wood with ATTIVATORE is essential to ensure the antique effect on types of wood with no or low tannin content such as: maple, ash, beech, white pine etc.
The wood treated with ATTIVATORE and VINTAGE GRAY/MATERICO may be painted over with all our finishing products, solvent- , oil-, and water-based, for indoor and with EXTEROL 050.
- Grey weathered effect
- Can be used with all water- and oil-based solvents as well as with Exterol 50
Antiqued effect tint ATTIVATORE
MORDANTING FOR PARQUET FLOORS
Sand the support with 100-120 grain, eliminating any existing traces of oil, wax or varnish and eliminate the dust produced. Apply ATTIVATORE in the recommended strength with a roller, brush, sponge or spray applicator (essential for non-tannin wood types, and optional for the others). After 2-4 hours, apply VINTAGE GRAY according to its technical data sheet.
- We recommend to bring to room temperature and to apply the product at a temperature between +10°C and +35°C, with relative humidity between 35% and 80%.
- The colour tone may vary considerably according to the type of wood, its preparation, the modality of application, the quantity of product applied and the finish used. It is therefore recommended to perform preliminary tests before proceeding with the execution of the job.
- In the medium-long term, there might be some variations of tone on treated wood.
- The product is slightly acidic. While using, wear rubber gloves and appropriate clothes. If using a spray applicator, wear a mask.
- The product may stain metal objects and natural stone surfaces. Avoid contact.
- The product has a slightly corrosive effect on aluminium. If using a spray applicator, carefully wash the applicator after use.
- For industrial scale application, it is necessary to use machinery resistant to acids.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product in authorized dumps! If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.