Acidic, water-based penetrating wood treatment. The product produces an antiqued gray/brown effect and it is especially indicated for wood with a high tannin content (European oak, walnut, larch), where it brings out the grain.
The wood treated with VINTAGE GRAY may be painted over with all our finishing products, solvent-, oil-, and water-based, for indoor and with EXTEROL 050.
- Grey weathered wood effect
- Suitable for tannin-rich wood
Antiqued effect tint VINTAGE GRAY
MORDANTING FOR PARQUET FLOORS
Sand the support with 100-120 grain, eliminating any existing traces of oil, wax or varnish and eliminate the dust produced. Apply ATTIVATORE in the recommended strength with a roller, brush, sponge or spray applicator (essential for non-tannin wood types, and optional for the others). After 2-4 hours, shake the bottle of VINTAGE GRAY, dilute it as necessary to achieve the desired effect, according to the dilution above prescribed and apply the solution in the recommended strength, with a roller, brush, sponge or spray applicator. After 24 hours, use a monobrush machine with a black/green sanding disk or SCOTCH BRITE AVF/AM and vacuum the dust produced.
Then proceed according to one of these recommended sequences: -for an open-grain finish: apply one coat of PRIMOL PLUS and one of GREENOL PLUS (see the corresponding technical data sheet).
-for a fast-execution open-grain finish: apply one coat of PRIMOL TURBO and one coat of GREENOL PLUS (see the corresponding technical data sheet).
-for a closed-grain finish: apply 2 or 3 coats of water-based or solvent-based finish, sanding between one hand and the other, and be careful not to break the film.
Careful: for all said sequences, preliminary tests must be carried out to make sure that the effect obtained is the one desired.
- We recommend to bring to room temperature and to apply the product at a temperature between +10°C and +35°C, with relative humidity between 35% and 80%.
- VINTAGE GRAY tends to form a solid residue at the bottom of the bottle. Always blend the solution by stirring, before carrying out the dilution.
- The colour tone may vary considerably according to the type of wood, its preparation, the modality of application, the quantity of product applied and the finish used. It is therefore recommended to perform preliminary tests before proceeding with the execution of the job.
- In the medium-long term, there might be some variations of tone on treated wood.
- The product is slightly acidic. While using, wear rubber gloves and appropriate clothes. If using a spray applicator, wear a mask.
- The product may stain metal objects and natural stone surfaces. Avoid contact.
- The product has a slightly corrosive effect on aluminium. If using a spray applicator, carefully wash the applicator after use.
- For industrial scale application, it is necessary to use machinery resistant to acids.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product in authorized dumps! If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.