Impregnating primer has a great penetrating power and is suitable for handmade application as well as for industrial production. It can also be used to realize mixed cycles (in combination with solvent base sealers or waterborne finishes). PRIMOL TURBO is available in many different versions (see the specific colour card).
- Easy to apply
Impregnating primer PRIMOL TURBO
|Availability||Reserved for professionals|
Sand the wood with #100 grain abrasives, removing all wax, oil or existing finish. Vacuum and tack thoroughly. Apply one coat of PRIMOL TURBO by pad or brush. Before starting to overcoat, make sure the applied product has been completely absorbed by the wood and the surface is dry and free of residual oiliness.
- Oil-based finishing: 4 - 8 hrs later, apply GREENOL PLUS finish according to the instructions given in the relative technical datasheet. In case of use of coloured PRIMOL TURBO, it is advisable to add it to GREENOL PLUS in a ratio of 1 -2%.
- Mixed cycle with finishing products: Without abrading, apply one coat of the sealer or finish you have chosen, adhering to the prescribed recoating schedule. Abrade now, taking care not to break through, then apply the top finish coat.
INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONA paint sprayer can be used to apply PRIMOL TURBO. It is very important to apply coats with a low mass-per-area ratio (10-20 g/m2 per coat). It is essential to brush with a tampico or sisal fibre brush immediately after applying a coat, to allow the oil to penetrate well and for optimal product drying. The use of hot-air tunnel (50-55 °C per 100-120 sec.), when available, speeds up the drying process.
- Do not apply at temperatures below +15° C. Allow product to reach room temperature before application.
- To avoid the uneven sedimentation of pigments (which is linked to undesired changes in the dye), before using the product we recommend shaking the can, emptying the contents into an open container and mixing carefully. White and grey dyes are particularly prone to this phenomenon.
- In mixed cycles with finishing products, we recommend performing a preliminary test on a small area before treating the entire surface, to check that the product is fully absorbed after it has been applied. If this does not happen, dilute with the DILUENTE LINOLUX thinner until the result is obtained. To ensure successive coats adhere properly, all the applied PRIMOL TURBO must have been absorbed and dried.
- Comply closely with the recommended quantities listed in the table. Excessive amounts of product can cause adhesion problems with sealers and finishes.
- New coats should be applied according to the time schedule in the table.
- The product can be mixed with oil base systems (GREEN LINE, EXTEROL, OILPAST).
- The addition of OILPLAST increases PRIMOL TURBO’s drying time. Excessive quantities of OILPLAST could also cause serious adhesion problems to the finishing products in mixed cycles. Carry out preliminary tests before starting a job.
- The drying time increases with the increase of the intensity of the colour.
- If you wish to have a lighter colour, we recommend diluting with neutral PRIMOL TURBO.
- For white items, we recommend performing preliminary tests and applying a mordant to finishing coats as well.
- Soak used rags and cloths in water immediately after use to prevent spontaneous combustion.