Urethane oils based impregnation specially engineered for outdoor wood protection.
It is suitable both for the treatment of raw wood and the restoring of previously treated wood manufactures.
Recommended for professional as well as for do-it-yourself use, EXTEROL 050 is available in neutral version and in different transparent coloured varieties.
- Long term protection
- Water-repellent product
- Suitable for all types of wood
- Long-term protection
- For all kinds of outdoor wood
Oils based impregnation EXTEROL 050
Sand the surface with # 100÷120-grit abrasives, removing all wax, oil or existing finish, then vacuum and tack thoroughly.
Agitate well the EXTEROL 050 can, to permit the adequate dispersion of the flatting matter and the pigments (if coloured version). Apply the product by brush, cloth or pad. After few minutes, it is necessary to rub the surface with a cloth or a pad, to help penetration into the wood pores and to remove exceeding oil. After 8 and within 24 hours, a second coat can be applied, according to the described procedure. No abrading is necessary.
At a distance of 2 or 3 months, it is recommended to check the state of the treated surface and, if necessary, to apply a coat to restore the worn-out areas and to seal the cracks that may have been caused by the wood seasoning.
It is advisable to periodically clean the surface with Carver DETERWOOD.
After 2 or 3 months of the first treatment with 050 EXTEROL, it is advisable to verify the status of the item. If there are impoverished areas or new cracks caused by drying of the wood, it is advisable to perform a treatment with PULIDECK (see technical data sheet) and repeat the treatment with EXTEROL 050 as above described.
- Apply at a temperature between +15°C and +35°C. Allow the product and the support to reach at least the temperature of +15° C before application.
- The support to be treated should have a moisture content inferior to 15%.
- Do not leave excess product on the surface. At the end of the treatment, the oil must have been completely absorbed by the wood.
- The oiled surface should not come in contact with water for at least 48 hours after the application.
- The duration of the protecting treatment depends on many factors: wood kind, exposition and use of the treated article, climatic conditions. Anyway, the coloured versions are more weatherproof than the neutral one.
- Soak used rags and cloths in water immediately after use to prevent spontaneous combustion.
Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.