Two-component acrylic-polyurethane sealer with high solid content for parquet and other wooden surfaces. It allows to obtain closed-pore finishes, preserving the original wood tone. It is suitable for the treatment of all the most used wood species (even exotic woods) and for overlapping with two-component water-based finishes.
- High coverage
- Maintains the natural color of the wood
- Recommended for the treatment of large surfaces
Pack two-component acrylic-polyurethane sealer FONDO ARTIC 2K 5L
|Availability||Reserved for professionals|
PREPARING THE BASE
Sand the surface, removing any traces of pre-existing oil, wax, or varnish, and use this to fill and level with one of our binders for filler. After completing the final sanding (a grain size of #120 is recommended), remove the dust produced using a vacuum cleaner and an anti-static cloth.
- Shake the FONDO ARTIC 2K can to dissolve any solids which may have settled to the bottom of the container and pour the varnish into the container used for the application before adding Idro2 hardener (ratio 10:1) to the component, pouring it slowly and mixing very well. Wait 15 minutes before applying to allow time for thee pre-reaction.
- Apply the product generously using a hand roller (we recommend using either the MONACO or POSEIDONE roller), brush or spatula.
We recommend one of the following treatments for FONDO ARTIC 2K:
- 1 coat of FONDO ARTIC 2K and 1 coat of two-component water-based finish, sanding with #180-220 grit sandpaper before applying the finish, making sure to remove any dust that is generated.
- 2 coats of FONDO ARTIC 2K (without sanding but making sure to respect overcoat timings) and 1 coat of water-based finish (as mentioned above), sanding with #180-220 grit sandpaper before applying the finish, making sure to remove any dust that is generated. This process is most suited to wood that doesn't lift fibres.
- 1 coat of FONDO ARTIC 2K and 2 coat of two-component water-based finish, always sanding before applying the finish with #180-220 grit sandpaper, making sure to remove any dust that is generated.
- Acclimatize and apply wood and product at a temperature between +15°C and +35°C. Make sure that the relative humidity in the room is from 35% to 75%.
- Adhere strictly to the recommended amounts.
- Always adhere to the prescribed re-coating and sanding times.
Tips and advice
Protect from freezing!
Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.