Alkaline water-based stain for treating wood. The product gives an antique effect and is particularly suitable for light wood (oak, conifer, chestnut, etc.), where in particular it highlights the grain.
The coloured versions (white, super white, dark grey, silver grey), as well as providing an antique effect, generate more or less intense white-grey nuances.
Wood treated with MATERICO can be varnished over with any of our solvent, oil and water-based products for indoors or outdoors.
- Aged effect
- Designed for tannin-rich wood (oak, conifer, chestnut)
- For indoor and outdoor wood
Stain antic effect MATERICO
MORDANTING FOR PARQUET FLOORS
Sand the support with 100-120 grain, eliminating any existing traces of oil, wax or varnish and eliminate the dust produced. If desired, add the OSSIDANTE to the MATERICO, stir until completely dissolved and apply with brush, roller or spray gun. After 24 hrs treat with a single brush polisher with black/green or SCOTCH BRITE AVF/AM disk, eliminating any dust produced with a vacuum cleaner.
Then proceed according to one of the following processes: -For an open-pore finish: apply a coat of PRIMOL PLUS and one of GREENOL PLUS (see the corresponding technical bulletins).
-For a rapid execution open-pore finish: apply a coat of PRIMOL TURBO and one of GREENOL PLUS (see the corresponding technical bulletins).
-For a semi closed-pore finish: apply a coat of PRIMOL TURBO and a coat of water-based finish, sand without breaking the film and finish the job with a second coat of the same (see the corresponding technical bulletins).
-For a semi closed-pore finish with antique green tones: apply a coat of our water-based finish, sand taking care not to break the film and apply one or two coats of the same to finish.
-For a process to enhance the colour of the wood: apply a coat of FONDO K207, sand and finish the job with a solvent or water-based finish (see the corresponding technical bulletins).
-For a low-cost process: apply a coat of POLICARVER, sand taking care not to break the film and apply one or two coats of the same to finish.
NB: for all the processes mentioned above perform preliminary tests to ensure that the effect is that desired.
NOTICE - Apply at a temperature between +15°C and +35°C with a relative humidity rate between 35% and 80%. Allow product to acclimatize before application.
- The tonality of the colours can vary remarkably according to the wood species and preparation, to the application method and the amount of applied product. Therefore we recommend to do preliminary tests before starting application.
- In the medium-long term colour variations of the treated wood may occur.
- In the case of addition of OSSIDANTE MATERICO, ensure it is fully dissolved in the solution before applying.
- The product is slightly alkaline. During use wear rubber gloves and suitable clothing. When applying with a spray gun wear a mask.
- The product has a slight corrosive action on aluminium. When applying with a spray gun rinse the gun thoroughly after use.
- For application on industrial lines use machinery resistant to alkalis.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product in authorized dumps! If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.