Interior modified-oil-based finish for wood floors and other wood surfaces. As well as for professional use, POLICARVER is suitable for do-it-yourself and residential applications.
POLICARVER/80: gloss sheen (about 80 gloss)
POLICARVER/50: semigloss sheen (about 50 gloss)
POLICARVER/35: satin sheen (about 35 gloss)
POLICARVER/10: supermat sheen (about 10 gloss)
- Easy to apply
- Ideal for furniture and wooden objects
Traditional hardwood flooring oil POLICARVER
Sand and, if necessary, fill the surface. After using the fine-grained abrasive, vacuum and tack thoroughly with antistatic tackrag (or damp cloth). Shake well the container to remove any possible sediment from the bottom and wait 5 – 10 min. before applying. Lay POLICARVER by brush or by roller, paying attention to crisscross the coats and avoiding overlapping.
- Apply the first coat of Policarver; after 16 and within 36 hours, without sanding, apply the second coat. In the event the second coat is applied after 36 hours and within 48 hours, sanding with 120 grain mesh or by hand with 180-220 grain sandpaper is required. The application of a third coat requires sanding after 36-48 hours.
- For a quick cycle: apply FONDO K207, sand after 6-12 hours, and apply a single coat of POLICARVER to finish.
- For a mordanted cycle: apply PRIMOL TURBO according to the instructions listed in the specifications sheet. After 72 and within 96 hours, apply FONDO K207 without sanding. After 6-12 hours sand with 180÷220 grain sandpaper or mesh and apply a just one coat of POLICARVER.
- For a two coats cycle: apply POLICARVER, after 24-36 hours sand with 180÷220 grain sandpaper or mesh and apply a second coat of POLICARVER.
To clean up sealed parquet, first eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC TACKRAGS. If necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet. For the regular maintenance of a wood floor with this finish, we recommend Carver DETEROL and DERGOS (see the technical data sheets of these products.
- It is advisable to acclimatize and to apply the product at room temperatures between +15°C and +30°C.
- Apply the product according to the indicated coverage.
- In the case of an application on particularly hard and compact wood, dilute the first coat with DILUENTE LINOLUX up to a maximum of 5% to improve adhesion.
- In case of low room temperatures, drying times could undergo a prolongation - The final aesthetic result of the applicatione can be valuated not before two or three days after its completion - Soak used rags and clothes in water immediately after use to prevent spontaneous combustion phenomena.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal mechanical resistance after 10 -12 days.
Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 8 months.