Two-component, waterborne, polyurethane finish, designed for commercial wear and particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums.
The product, applied following the instructions given in this technical data sheet, makes it possible to obtain Euroclass classification Cfl-s1 EN norm 13501-1 (Classification report 0386/DC/REA/11_3). This certification is achievable even for the parquet painted on an industrial line, with the purpose to obtain the CE mark.
Easy to mix and apply, IDROFIRE offers excellent resistance to abrasion and scuff resistance and very good chemical resistance.
The product amply fulfils standard requirements with regard to slipperiness UNI EN 13036-4:2004 (test report reference number 0230/DC/REA/12_3).
It can be applied by roller, brush or spraying.
Semi-gloss sheen (about 50 gloss)
Satin sheen (about 30 gloss)
Mat sheen (about 10 gloss)
- Advisable for floors which get a lot of use
- For floors requiring fire-resistant certification
- High-protection and incredibly strong
Water-based two-component finish IDROFIRE
|Availability||Reserved for professionals|
Sand and, if necessary, fill and smooth the floor, using our STUCCO AQ filler bonding agent. After final sanding or screening, vacuum and tack thoroughly. Agitate the IDROFIRE can, to dissolve any solids which may have settled to the bottom. Add IDRO 2 hardener as directed and mix well. Wait 15 minutes before application. Irrespective of the application cycle used, to achieve Cfl s1 classification, at least 330 g/m2 of IDROFIRE must be applied to the wood. The classification report provided by us can be extended to the work only if the layer certifies that they have applied this quantity.
Recommended cycles for application by roller: - Apply 3 coats of IDROFIRE, abrading between one and another.
- Apply one coat of IDROFIRE. The day after abrade and apply the second coat. Then apply two coats of IDROFIRE without abrading, but adhering to the prescribed recoating times.
- In both cases, to achieve the fireproof effect, it is advisable to apply the product with a maximum consumption of 10 m²/litre.
Recommended cycles for application by spraying: - Apply 120 g/m² of unthinned IDROFIRE. The day after abrade and repeat the same application. On the next day abrade and apply 110 g/m² of unthinned IDROFIRE.
- Avoid to apply amounts of more than 150 g/m² per coat.
- Right after application, the product is very temperature sensitive. Therefore it is not possible to oven-dry during the first 5-6 hours.
- Any client that intends to seek CE marking for varnished parquet must contact an accredited laboratory to obtain type approval.
To clean up sealed parquet, first eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC TACKRAGS. If necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet. Then wash, using a cloth moistened with a DETER PARQUET solution. For more information see our brochure LINEA PARQUET – MAINTENANCE OF VARNISHED WOOD FLOORS.
NOTICE - Apply at a room temperature between +15°C and +35°C with a relative humidity rate between 35% and 70%. Allow finish to reach room temperature before application.
- Before application make sure the hardener is completely dissolved in the finish (there is always a little increase of the mixture viscosity in comparison with the non catalyzed product).
- Adhere to the recommended coverage.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. When recoating without abrading, do not exceed 24 hours interval from the previous coat. When abrading and recoating, do not exceed 48 hours interval. After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- To help penetration of the first coat on difficult wood species, add max. 5% DILUENTE GRIP.
- To delay the drying time, add max. 2% of DILUENTE GRIP.
- To improve the flow or to retard the drying of the last coat, add to the catalyzed finish max. 2% of DILUENTE A60 additive.
- To cut viscosity in spraying applications, use ACQUA BLU thinner or demineralized water.
- Clean tools with IDROCLEANER or, for lack of this, with water, better if lukewarm.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal physical resistance after 10 - 15 days.
- Before carrying out the test for reaction to fire, let the treated samples season for a month at ambient temperature or for 10 days in oven at 50°C.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened containers are stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for 6 months.