Two-component, waterborne, acrylic-polyurethane, aliphatic finish for wood floors exposed to strong wearing.
SIGMA provides excellent abrasion, scuff and shocks resistance as well as excellent resistance against chemicals for domestic use.
SIGMA is also particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums because it amply fulfils standard requirements with regard to slipperiness UNI EN 14904:2006.
Designed for ease of application, the product can be applied by pad, roller, brush or spraying.
SIGMA/L: gloss sheen (about 80 gloss)
SIGMA/SL: semigloss sheen (about 60 gloss)
- Stands up to impact and wear
- Intensifies wood tones
Water-based two-component finish SIGMA
Sand and, if necessary, fill and smooth the floor. After final sanding or screening, vacuum and tack thoroughly.
Shake the container of Sigma to dissolve any sediment on the bottom, and pour the paint into the container used during the application process. Add IDRO2 hardener to component 1 as directed (4:1) and mix well. Wait 15 minutes before application.
Recommended cycles: - To achieve a water-based cycle with high covering power and high colouring of wood: apply two coats of Carver RAFFAELLO sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product), abrading between one and the other. Abrade again, remove dust thoroughly, then apply one very abundant coat of SIGMA.
- To achieve a only-two-coat, water-based cycle with high colouring of wood: apply an abundant coat of SIGMA. Wait two days, abrade, take off dust, then apply a second coat SIGMA abundantly.
- To obtain a wood toning typical for a solvent-based finishing cycle: apply 1 coat of Carver FONDO K2 07 two-component, solvent-based, polyurethane sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product).
Abrade, taking care not to “break through”, then apply an abundant finishing coat of SIGMA, by roller or brush.
- To achieve a rapid water-based cycle with modeste colouring of wood: apply 1 or 2 coats of our FAST 2004 sealer abrading between one and the other. After 2-4 hours abrade, taking care not to “break through”, then apply one abudant coat of SIGMA by roller or brush.
- To achieve a water-based cycle with light colouring of wood: apply 1 or 2 coats of our FONDO 300 sealer (see the techincal data sheet of this product). After 4-6 hours abrade with SCOTCH BRITE AVF, taking care not to “break through”, then apply one abudant coat of SIGMA by roller or brush.
- For the last abrading we recommend to use screen discs # 320 or SCOTCH BRITE AVF.
- We also recommend to apply very abundant coats, with consumption non higher than 10 m²/litre.
- In all cases, to get a fuller, more glossy effect, a second coat of Sigma can be applied without sanding. Always remember to follow the instructions in the table with regard to times indicated for applying subsequent coats.
- Any different cycle or applying method should be previously verified.
To clean up sealed parquet, first eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC TACKRAGS. If necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet. Then wash using a cloth moistened with a DETER PARQUET solution. For more information see our brochure LINEA PARQUET – MAINTENANCE OF VARNISHED WOOD FLOORS.
- Apply at a room temperature between +15°C and +35°C with a relative humidity rate between 35% and 70%. Allow finish to reach room temperature before application.
- Before application make sure the hardener is completely dissolved in the finish (there is always a little increase of the mixture viscosity in comparison with the component 1 viscosity).
- To enhance the gloss sheen of the finished surface, it is necessary to abrade the second-last coating with a fine-grit abrasive, and to apply the product rather thick .
- Before abrading be sure that the coating has achieved a sufficient hardness.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. When recoating without abrading do not exceed 24 hr. interval from the previous coat. When abrading and recoating, do not exceed 4 days interval. After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- To improve the flow and to extend the open time, particularly during warmer weather, add to the last coat of catalyzed finish 2% of Carver DILUENTE A60 additive.
- To improve adhesion on greasy or high-density wood species, thin the product quantity to be employed in the first coat with 5% of Carver DILUENTE GRIP (see the relative technical data sheet).
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 48 hours. It achieves the optimal physical resistance after 15 - 20 days.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened containers are stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for 12 months.