Water-based, acrylic, transparent finish for decoration and protection of door frames and both interior and exterior woodwork.
It protects the treated wood from water, and sunlight. AQUANATUR can be coloured by adding Carver AQUAPAST concentrated, coloured pastes or COLORHIT stains.
Satin (S): about 35 gloss
Matt (O): about 20 gloss
- Designed for indoor and outdoor wood
- Can be coloured with Aquapast or Colorhit
Acryl-water-based transparent finish AQUANATUR
Add coloured COLORHIT (0.5 lt) to AQUANATUR (4 lt) and mix until the solution is homogeneous. Add 0.5 lt water and mix again until the solution is homogeneous. We normally suggest a solution of AQUANATUR:COLORHIT:WATER with a ratio of 75:12.5:12.5
Sand the surface with #100÷120-grit abrasives, removing all wax, oil or existing finish, then vacuum and tack thoroughly. Apply 1 - 2 coats of IDROPROTECT or COLORHIT impregnating product by pad, brush or spray gun. Optionally, you can apply the first coat of AQUANATUR thinned 30%.
Mix AQUANATUR carefully with a spatula and apply 2 coats by brush or airless spraying, adhering to the prescribed recoating schedule. To obtain the best result, abrade lightly between coats.
Clean the door/window or item with a solution of water and DETERWOOD (or neutral detergent).
Check carefully that there are no cracks or discontinuities in the film due to impact, abrasion or movement of the wood. In case of abnormalities, remove the faulty part by sanding it and apply a new treatment with AQUANATUR, according to the instructions indicated above.
- Apply at a temperatures between +15°C and +35°C with a relative humidity rate between 35% and 80%. Allow product to acclimatize before application.
- AQUANATUR is perfectly compatible with IDROPROTECT, COLORHIT, CARDECK, AQUAPAST and AQUACOLOR. The final look resulting from a mixture of any of these products must be checked by the user beforehand.
- To extend duration in exterior, we recommend to add to AQUANATUR 10 - 20% of COLORHIT in the desired colour.
- Adding water renders the solution easier to apply, but also makes the paint film thinner. A thinner coat of paint guarantees a lower grade of surface protection.
- Adding neutral COLORHIT makes it possible to lower the viscosity without excessively reducing the dry product.
- Applying the product pure will give the wood surface a light orange colour. It is unadvisable to apply the product on items treated with white COLORHIT or white AQUACOLOR.
- Items that are already white in colour should be treated with white AQUACOLOR for a covering effect, or neutral AQUACOLOR with 5-10% of white COLORHIT for subtle enhancing effect.
- For resinous woods it is advisable to do a pre-treatment with Carver DILUENTE V3a.
- For at least 48 hours after application preserve the treated wood from any contact with water.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly! If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.