Two-component, waterborne, aliphatic, polyurethane finish with exceptional abrasion resistance, for wood or cork floors and other surfaces exposed to strong wearing. OMEGA-ART provides excellent resistance against abrasion, shocks, strips, and excellent resistance against chemicals for domestic use. The product is also particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums because it amply fulfils standard requirements with regard to slipperiness UNI EN 13036-4:2004 (certified available on request). OMEG-ART meets the fire protection requirements of the European Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU (internationally recognized IMO-MED certification). Warnings for marine applications: please refer to the notes on the certificate issued by Carver upon request.
- Does not change wood shade
- Designed for the home and public places
PACK Two-component polyurethane finish OMEG-ART
|Availability||Reserved for professionals|
PREPARING THE BASE
Sand the surface, removing any traces of pre-existing oil, wax, or varnish, and use this to fill and level with one of our binders for filler. After completing the final sanding (a grain size of #100-120 is recommended), remove the dust produced using a vacuum cleaner and anti-static cloth.
ATTENTION! OMEG-ART NATURAL EFFECT is only for use on light-coloured wood and, as a finish, it can only be used if the primer coats were made with OMEG-ART NATURAL EFFECT.
- Shake OMEG-ART finish to dissolve any solids which may have settled to the bottom of the container and pour the varnish into the container used for the application before adding IDRO2 hardener to component, pouring it slowly and mixing very well. Wait 15 minutes before applying to allow time for thee pre-reaction.
- Apply a generous coat of product (when using a roller, we recommend Carver MONACO or POSEIDONE), abiding by the times stated for sanding or over coating, in one of the following cycles.
- To carry out a rapid water cycle: apply OMEG-ART with our FAST water-based primer (see the technical data sheet of this product).
- For a cycle that will not change the colour of the wood: apply 1 or 2 coats of OMEG-ART incombination with one of the following products used as a primer:
- FONDO 300 (see technical data sheet)
- AQUAHIT MAT (see technical data sheet)
- EPSILON MAT(see technical datasheet)
- For a cycle that will not change the colour of the wood (light-coloured woods): apply 2 coats of OMEG-ART NATURAL EFFECT and 1 coat of OMEG-ART (any of the other three versions) to finish.
- To carry out a natural-looking, high-performance water cycle (untreated wood effect) on light-coloured wood: apply 2 or 3 coats of OMEG-ART NATURAL EFECT, sanding between one coat and the next, according to the prescribed waiting times.
- For a water-based finishing cycle with a colour change to the wood similar to that of a solvent-based varnish: apply 1 or 2 coats of OMEG-ART together with our water-based primer RAFFELLO (see technical data sheet).
- To carry out a cycle with colour toning that is typical for a solvent-based finishing cycle: apply 1 coat of our solvent-based sealer FONDO K2 07 (see the technical data sheet of this product). After 6 and before 48 hours, sand with #180-220-grain sand paper, taking care not to “break through” to the wood, then apply only 1 finishing coat of OMEG-ART (not OMEG-ART NATURAL EFFECT).
Any different cycle or applying method should be previously verified.
Use the floor polisher with abrasive pads, grain size #180-220. In case of Trio, use a grain size of 80-100.
For spray application with curtain coater or other industrial application method, contact the Carver Technical Assistance Service.
- Eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC CLOTHS and if necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet.
- For cleaning the parquet, use one of the following options:
- Wipe with a soft cloth, soaked in a diluted DETER PARQUET solution (see the technical data sheet) and squeezed. According to the foot traffic the floor is exposed to, follow the wash with a treatment using a diluted solution of our POLISH PARQUET, used as special maintenance treatment (see the technical data sheets).
- Wipe with a soft cloth, soaked in a diluted POLISH PARQUET solution, used for frequent/routine maintenance (see the technical data sheet) and squeezed.
- Wipe with a soft cloth, soaked in a slightly diluted PRONTO POLISH PARQUET solution (see the technical data sheet) and squeezed.
- Acclimatize and apply wood and product at a temperature between +15°C and +35°C. Make sure that the relative humidity in the room is from 35% to 75%.
- Before application, make sure the hardener is completely dissolved in the finish (there is always a little increase of the mixture viscosity).
- Adhere strictly to the recommended amounts.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. When recoating without sanding on OMEG-ART, do not exceed the 6 hr interval from the previous coat. When sanding and re-coating, do not exceed a 30-hour waiting time. Should also this latter interval be exceeded, in order to ensure good adhesion it is necessary to perform careful sanding, wash the floor with a cloth soaked in IDROCLEANER and to add 5% of our DILUENTE GRIP (see the technical data sheet of this product) to the catalyzed finish.
- After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- In the mixed cycle with FONDO K2 07, in case of application of a second coat of OMEG-ART, sand very well, vacuum thoroughly, then wipe with a cloth soaked with IDROCLEANER before proceeding.
- To improve coating or to delay drying, especially in very hot weather, add 5-10% water to the catalysed varnish or 2% of our DILUENTE GRIP.
- In the MAT or NATURAL EFFECT versions, the varnish tends to become glossy when rubbed, if applied in a very thin layer.
- Never use OMEG-ART NATURAL EFFECT on exotic or dark woods because it may cause unwanted and uneven whitening. Before treating these woods, it is advisable to perform a test beforehand to avoid undesired colour changes.
- When refinishing old floors, and in all cases in which the wood is very dry, add 10% water to the first coat.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal mechanical resistance after 6-8 days.