Two-component, waterborne, polyurethane finish for wood or cork floors or other surfaces exposed to strong wearing.
OMEG-ART maintains the natural colour of the wood and provides excellent abrasion, scuff and shocks resistance, as well as excellent resistance against chemicals for domestic use.
The NATURALE version has been specifically designed to give a natural look to clear wood. OMEG-ART is also particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums because it amply fulfils standard requirements with regard to slipperiness EN 13036-4.
Semigloss sheen (about 50 gloss)
Satin sheen (about 35 gloss)
Mat sheen (about 15 gloss)
NATURAL EFFECT: super mat sheen (about 6 gloss)
- Does not change wood shade
- Designed for the home and public places
PACK Two-component polyurethane finish OMEG-ART
|Availability||Reserved for professionals|
Sand and, if necessary, fill and smooth the floor. After final sanding or screening, vacuum and tack thoroughly. Shake OMEG-ART finish (component 1) to dissolve any solids which may have settled to the bottom of the container. Add IDRO2 hardener to component 1 as directed (10%) and mix very well. Wait 15-20 minutes before applying.
Recommended cycles: - To preserve the light colour of the wood: apply by roller or brush 2-3 coats of the catalyzed finish, abrading with 150÷180-grit abrasives between coats. To further minimize the colour change, apply our water-based primer FONDO 300 or our non-catalyzed finish EPSILON/O (see specification sheets of these two products) as an undercoat.
- To get a wood colour toning similar to a solvent-based finishing cycle: apply OMEG-ART with one of our waterborne sealers GIOTTO or RAFFAELLO (see technical datasheets of these products).
- To obtain a wood colour toning typical for a solvent-based finishing cycle: apply 1 coat of our two-component, solvent-based, polyurethane sealer FONDO K2 07 (see the technical data sheet of this product) by roller or brush.
After 3 and before 24 hours, abrade with 150÷180-grit abrasive, taking care not to “break through”, then apply only 1 coat of OMEG-ART by roller or brush.
- To achieve a rapid water-based cycle: apply OMEG-ART with our FAST waterborne sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product).
- In case of exotic and little absorbing woods, such as wengé, ipé lapacho, olive etc., we recommend to use in the first coat our ISOLANTE 65 impregnating product or our sealer RAFFAELLO, to improve adhesion and to avoid any unwanted wood colour change.
Any different cycle or applying method should be previously verified.
The recommended abrasive grits are for a single-plate buffer; when employing a Trio sander, use 80÷100-grit abrasives.
To clean up sealed parquet, first eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC TACKRAGS. If necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet. Then wash using a cloth moistened with a DETER PARQUET solution. For more information see our brochure LINEA PARQUET – MAINTENANCE OF VARNISHED WOOD FLOORS.
- Apply at a room temperature between +15°C and +35°C with relative humidity between 35% and 75%. Allow finish to reach room temperature before application.
- Before application, make sure the hardener is completely dissolved in the finish (there is always a little increase of the mixture viscosity in comparison with the component 1 viscosity).
- Adhere strictly to the recommended coverage rates.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. When recoating without abrading, do not exceed 6 hr interval from the previous coat. When abrading and recoating, do not exceed 30 hr interval. Should also this latter interval be exceeded, in order to ensure good adhesion it is necessary to perform a careful abrading, wash the floor with a cloth soaked in IDROCLEANER and to add 5% of our DILUENTE GRIP (see the technical data sheet of this product) to the catalyzed finish. After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- To improve the flow or to extend open time, particularly during warmer weather, add to the catalyzed finish 2% of Carver DILUENTE A-60 additive (only in the last coat) or max. 5% of Carver ACQUA BLU thinner.
- In the mat version the finish tends to become glossy by rubbing if applied in a very thin layer. To minimize this problem, it is advisable to apply the product with a maximum coverage of 12 m²/lt.
- Before treating tropical woods or dark woods in general, it is advisable to perform a test beforehand to avoid undesired colour changes.
- When refinishing old floors, and in all cases in which the wood is very dry, add 10-15% of water to the first coat.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal mechanical resistance after 6- 8 days.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened containers are stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for 12 months.