Single-component, waterborne, polyurethane finish for wood or cork floors, destined for residential/commercial use.
For further enhance these features you can add 10% IDRO2 hardener to the paint.
The product, catalyzed with IDRO2, is also particularly suited for parquet floors in gymnasiums, because it amply fulfils standard requirements with regard to slipperiness EN 13036-4. Designed for ease of application, the product can be applied by roller, brush or spraying and it is particularly suitable for light wood species (oak, beech, pine, etc.).
Semigloss sheen (about 50 gloss)
Satin sheen (about 35 gloss)
Mat sheen (about 10 gloss)
Packaging: 1L; 5L; 10L
- Preserves the wood's natural appearance
- Stands up to impact and wear
- Can be catalysed with IDRO2
- Easy to apply
Water-based one-component finish EPSILON
Sand and, if necessary, fill and smooth the floor. After final sanding or screening, vacuum and tack thoroughly.
Shake EPSILON to dissolve any solids which may have settled to the bottom of the container and proceed with the first coat.In case of catalyzation of the last coat, add 10% IDRO2 to EPSILON and mix very well. Wait 15-20 minutes before applying.
Suggested cycles: - To not alter the colour of light woods: 2 or 3 coats (depending on the porosity of the wood) of EPSILON, with a roller or brush. Lightly sand between coats with #180÷220 grain abrasives.
- For a quick cycle: 1 coat of EPSILON applied with a roller. Sand with #180÷220 grain abrasives, then apply a second coat with a spatula. Without sanding, paint over with 1 coat of EPSILON, using a roller or brush.
Follow the times indicated in the table.
- To obtain a wood colour similar to that of a solvent finish cycle: apply EPSILON combined with one of our water-based primers GIOTTO or RAFFAELLO (see the technical sheets of these two products).
- To obtain a wood toning typical for a solvent-based finish cycle: apply by roller or brush 1 coat of FONDO K2 07 two-component, solvent-based, polyurethane sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product). After 3 and before 24 hours abrade with #150÷180-grit abrasive, taking care not to “break through”, then apply by roller or brush just 1 final coat of EPSILON catalyzed with IDRO2 (It is not recommended to apply a second coat).
EPSILON can be applied in combination with ISOLANTE 65 and our other water-based primers.
If the floor is destined for commercial use, we advise applying the last coat catalysed with IDRO2 added.
To clean up sealed parquet, first eliminate dust with ANTISTATIC TACKRAGS. If necessary, use a vacuum sweeper with non-rotating, natural-fibre bristles, suitable for parquet. Then wash, using a cloth moistened with a DETER PARQUET solution. For more information see our brochure LINEA PARQUET – MAINTENANCE OF VARNISHED WOOD FLOORS.
- Apply the product at a room temperature between +15°C and 35°C with a relative humidity rate between 35% and 80%.
- During warmer weather, 5% AQUABLU demineralized water can be added to extend open time.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- In the mixed cycle with Fondo K2 07, in case of application of a second coat of catalyzed EPSILON, abrade very well, vacuum and tack thoroughly, then pass a mop soaked with IDROCLEANER before the application.
- Before applying paint catalysed with IDRO2, make sure that the hardener is well blended (viscosity will have increased). Catalysed paint retains its effectiveness for 4 hours. After this period of time, the paint cannot be used.
- Matt paints tend to become glossy when rubbed, if applied in a very thin layer. To minimize this problem, it is advisable to apply the product with a maximum coverage of 12 m²/Lt.
- Clean tools with IDROCLEANER or, for lack of this, with water, better if lukewarm.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal physical resistance after 5 – 7 days.
Protect from freezing! Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened container is stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for 12 months.